Pertussis toxin, when reconstituted, is naturally hazy and is out of solution. You may notice some settling in the reconstituted vial. This is normal and the product is fine to use.
Some tips to achieve optimal results when using Pertussis toxin:
(1) Reconstitute Pertussis toxin per its designated Certificate of Analysis.
(2) Gently pipette the reconstituted Pertussis solution in and out (back into the product vial) to mix.
(3) When pipetting the solution out during mixing, gently pipette the solution against the inside of the vial to make sure all of the toxin is released from the inside of the glass vial, as the protein can stick to the glass.
(4) Each time you go to retrieve a sample, be sure to gently mix (as mentioned above) so that you get an even suspension each time.
(5) Do not vortex or sonicate the Pertussis solution.
(6) Do not sterile filter/filter this product or protein will be lost.
For more information about our Pertussis products, please visit us at:
If you have additional inquiries, please feel free to continue your search in our Knowledge Base
or contact us with your question by submitting a support ticket here: https://listlabsinc.desk.com/customer/login?return_to=%2F